Tuesday, April 27, 2021

My Own Kind

The lines in quotes below were written by Tom Kromer from his book, “Waiting for Nothing.”  It told of his life riding the rails from town to town during America’s last Great Depression.   

“This friend of mine Karl, is a writer.  He is always hungry.  You cannot stuff yourself on a dollar a week.  It is not his fault he is always hungry.  It is that nobody buys the stuff he writes.  He writes of starving babies, and men who tramp the streets in search of work.  People do not like such things.  For in Karl’s stories, you can hear the starved cries of the babies.  You can see the hungry look in men’s eyes.  Karl will always be hungry.   He will always describe things so that you can see them as you read.”

My guess is that if Karl lived in contemporary America, he would have a blog that nobody ever read. 

 

-----------------

 

“Karl goes across the hall to get Werner.  Werner is an acquaintance of ours.  He is an artist.  He paints pictures of people he sees in the park.  All the people in his pictures have a hungry look in their eyes.  He has no better luck selling his pictures than Karl does with his stories.  They are good pictures.  People will not buy them, though.  I think it is because of the hungry look.  Even the picture of the fat millionaire leading the Peke dog had a hungry look in the eyes.  Karl says it is more than an empty belly that puts a hungry look in people’s eyes.  I think that if Werner would take the hungry look out of the eyes of the people in his pictures, he could buy more hamburger steaks and take the hungry look out of his own eyes.  Karl and Werner say this would be sacrilege to art.  I do not understand this.”

I do.  Of all the souls who have incarnated on this planet, I hold these types above kings and presidents.

They would rather starve than sell their souls by using their talents and contributing to the twisted lies of this evil system.  Soon, I will find out how much I am willing to suffer as the price of nonconformity.  But that’s just a matter of degree.  My kind have always suffered for it. 

I hear their voices throughout the centuries calling to me: “Stay true.”  I know that there are others that can hear their voices also.  See you soon. 

 

 


3 comments:

Chautauqua said...

Your analysis is spot-on brother, as usual. You nailed it. I somewhat liken it to the Cassandra Syndrome, wherein the famous seer's punishment for being right was that nobody would listen to or believe her. My best friend doesn't read my blog, not once. He say's its because he gets it straight from my mouth...and yet whenever I broach difficult subjects, he winces visibly (as if in actual pain) and avoids the subject.

I think we're all a bit numbed-out from the never ending crisis mindset foisted upon us for the sake of control, and STILL they poke the bear with even MORE un-armed black men being excuted on American streets. If you wanted to ignite the smouldering passions into a full-on race war, this is exactly how you would go about it.

Because I spoke my truth to the alt-media gatekeepers my readership dropped from a couple thousand hits a day to under two hundred...but I'm fine with that because I wont dilute my message in exchange for exposure; and besides, I'm still getting a couple hundred hits or so a day, and that means somebody IS reading what I post. Thats all I wanted when I started so its all good.

Your sign-off sounded semi-ominous there brother, and if I read the vibe right I can certainly relate. Indeed, we may bump into each other in the departure lounge...I'll be the one travelling with wolves ;)

Yet if I had known this eight years ago I would have done things exactly the same.

freefall said...

Chautauqua,
I see many similarities of what is currently happening in America to other CIA-orchestrated destabilization programs.

Even the use of bioweapons is similar. Isn't it comforting to know that there is a Nazi influence to our current healthcare treatments? Rest in Peace, Bob.

https://hightimes.com/culture/people/chanting-down-babylon-the-cia-the-death-of-bob-marley-2/

freefall said...

Probably better to remain anonymous. "Gate-keepers" pay would never suffice. We may not always agree with each other but nobody pulls our strings.