Monday, November 29, 2021

The Fire of Refinement

 

I’ve recently had a flare-up of my gout, something I had thought that I had put behind me after giving up meat and alcohol over a decade ago.

It is a devastating reminder of the continuing weakness of my body as I age not so gracefully with some accompaniment from my other chronic conditions that have been with me for some time.

My worst fear was to be crippled during collapse thereby further hindering my ability to defend my home.  But sitting here in my current condition with memories of the adverse effects of the medications that would help reduce the swelling being worse than the disease (and the disease for me is a living hell), it was just another cruel reminder that legalized drug dealers cannot be trusted any more than legalized loan-sharks. 

But my condition also makes me think about those I have seen on videos with intractable seizures and other horrific adverse effects to the vaccine.  Perhaps I have taken some pleasure from their pain, especially those who refuse to admit that it was the shot that caused all their problems.  Do I not think that they have suffered enough?

Like childbirth, it is only through suffering that something new comes into the world.  In other words, our suffering is not without purpose.  Those who refuse to understand this will get more of the same. 

As for myself, I’ll take the pain as it comes.  It’s always taught me more than my pleasures.   

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

 

2 comments:

Adaline - Free Leonard Peltier said...

I hope you feel better soon.
Mike Adams is a political whack job but he's a good scientist.
https://www.naturalnews.com/search.asp?query=cure+gout

freefall said...

Something will be learned. No one can stop us from that. Thanks for the article.