Monday, February 5, 2018

Corporate Compassion

I watched the Super Bowl yesterday and the game itself was highly entertaining. But it was the commercials that were illuminating.

I’m not as good about catching the symbology as many others but the Justin Timberlake halftime show didn’t seem to have much this time around. They should have put the lyrics of his songs underneath him as he would’ve made a good bouncing ball over the words he was syncing. I mostly used him for white noise while surfing.

Back to the other advertisements. Looks like we’ve found a new use for robots. They get to laugh at us for being stupid humans. Now we need new words for robot racists and racist robots.

But the essence of these commercials was all about “everyone is equal.” I was waiting for the next rendition of “We are the world” and “I’d like to buy the world a coke” but I suppose having small children of different races, colors and creeds floating around on the clouds is the next “big idea” for the genre. I’m not sure what these cell phone, alcohol, soda pop and car companies that were pushing all this gained in regards to selling their products, but their corporate compassion marketing campaign sure made me feel better.

The problem is that I’m not quite sure why they did this at all. Are they attempting to bring us all together in order to fight the common enemy?

I don’t make predictions too much anymore because I’m almost always wrong, but the set-up we now find ourselves in regarding the Olympics and its location seems like a perfect manufactured storm to me.

One thing we know for sure is that the money masters who control the banks also have their fingers in all the other corporate pies. That means that the baby food and disposable diaper manufacturers are financed by the same people that fund the bomb manufacturers that kill the same children who were previously using their other products. This seems like a self-defeating business plan to me. But what do I know.

It also means that the corporate compassion meme is no accident. Am I still missing something here?

3 comments:

Adaline - Free Leonard Peltier said...

When the dow dropped 666 pts it was probably an omen. More drops then today's 1000 drop. Looks like their coming in for another kill.

Adaline - Free Leonard Peltier said...

With My Own Two Hands | Song Around The World | ATD Fourth World | Playing For Change
https://youtu.be/Sc8t6BZUSJs

freefall said...

Another brick in the wall...